Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th!

So, I hope that everyone is having a safe and great Independence Day. This is a day that celebrates our independence from a country that really wasn't that smart. This certain country (the UK) during that war thought that wearing camoflage didn't make a big enough fashion statement. Even though I make fun of the UK; I do feel like I have a connection with that country. I was conceived there. I was conceived in Brittain, have Polish genes, and drink true russian potato vodka. I'm more European than Madonna.

What are you are doing this 4th? Most people do a picnic, visit with friends and family, or go to the mall for the fireworks show. I didn't do any of those this year. I just slept in, relaxed in front of the TV, and tried to keep one of my loosely closed windows from letting in a torrential downpour. I was playing my Xbox 360 with Call of Duty 2. Then all of a sudden I heard a boom that was louder than the explosions on my TV. It started to pour rain so hard that I could not see two feet in front of my window. Thank goodness this rain only lasted about two minutes, because if it had lasted longer then we would have a serious flood problem. So, the rain ended and I finished the Brittish campaign.

And onward. The places the I've been to since I have moved to the D.C. area. Well, I revisted the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. I love this museum, and it was the first time in years that I had been there. But this visit didn't live up to the hopes of my old memories. My last visit to the SNASM (doesn't that abreviation just roll off the tongue :-} ) was when I was in fourth grade. Being that young, I really didn't appreciate the feats and sacrifice symbolized by those museum displays. But now I know the level of greatness that those men and women achieved. However, the museum disapponted me on this visit as an adult. What really stood out was that most of the displays had not changed since my last visit. In the area showcasing the fighter aircraft of a Carrier was a simulation that allowed people to try out landing one of those fighter craft. But the graphical software that was in that simulation was very outdated. They could have just modified a old version of Microsoft Flight Simulator, and that would have better.

I shopped at the Pentgon City Mall, but other than Apple and Sony stores it's just like any other mall you've been to.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Plus, my wireless mouse needs to be recharged. So goodnight.

No comments: