Monday, December 10, 2007

Awwww.... shit. It's that time of year again?

So I just wasted another two hours of my life...again. Spike TV aired it's now annual Video Game Awards tonight. I'm all for the betterment of the gaming industry, but this is just bullshit. The only people on the show that I could believe that play video games hardcore are Patton Oswalt and Brian Posehn. Maybe, Samuel L. plays, but the rest I highly doubt it. All the rest of those people I could do without. Just saying that you are a gamer doesn't make you one. I've been playing ever since my grandmother had the bad idea of letting me step into an arcade.

The only thing that saved the show for me was that they had the Video Games Live orchestra there to play for commercial breaks and the two times where they focused on them. Well the half naked girls did help to distract me from the blandness of it all.

I think whats really going on is that the advertisers..ahem "producers" forgot that the people who were gaming when it first started are now older than thirty years old. I don't need to have some waffer thin actress to tell me that games are cool and are now mainstream. Well, thats enough of my ranting, see below for some Video Games Live goodness.


myspace layouts

No comments: