Sunday, June 22, 2008

No ones likes you.

Face it, no one likes you. They like the you that's better, and perfect. They don't want to see the real you. If they did Ross Perot would have become President. That squirrelly little man with big ears would have been seen as a THE conservative business giant that he is. True, he wouldn't hire you if your face wasn't cleanly shaved everyday of the week. But, like everyone else he wants his version of the perfect you. Everyone says that it would be nice if we could just slow down and take life as it comes. Thats grade A bullshit. Harder, better, faster, and stronger: thats the motto for this new technological age. Our whole culture is trying to "improve" on ourselves. I am not limited from the mass of people trying to be something more than what they were originally. I am deaf in my left ear, and have been so for all of my life. Now I can get an implant that could give me almost complete hearing in that ear. But why should I? Am I defective? Am I less of a man or person for having this disability. Its not a disability, and I am not handicapped. I live fine without that left ear, and I will for a long time. Hell, I used to play violin pretty damn well. But, I could have more, and thats what we all want. We want what we can't have. If we can't have the perfect you then we don't want you. We won't like you.

No comments: